GUIDELINES FOR THE AUTHORS
Scope of the Journal:
Cement Wapno Beton is an international journal publishing high-quality papers in the area of materials science, engineering and technology of cement, cement-based composites, mortars, concrete as well as related materials incorporating other mineral binders like gypsum, lime, calcium aluminate cements, calcium sulphoaluminate cement, alkali-activated binders and others. Papers describing the manufacturing process, properties of materials in fresh state, composition, microstructure and properties of hardened materials as well as long-term durability are welcome. Works devoted to new raw materials both in binders as well as cement-based composites are also highly appreciated. The broadly understood closed-cycle economy, together with issues related to the decarbonization of the production and use of building materials, are also within the scope of the journal.
During the preparation of the paper please adjust it to the following guidelines:
- Papers submitting to Cement Wapno Beton should be original contributions that were not published earlier nor are submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The papers should be sent to email@example.com
- The manuscript should be sent in *doc, *docx or compatible file formats, prepared using a word processor. It is strongly recommended to use the template You can find here: CWB_template.docx
- The text should be typed using Times New Roman 12pt. with 1.5 spacing and with wider spacing between paragraphs and normal (2.5 cm wide) margins. Tables should be placed in appropriate places in the text with the title given above the Table (e.g. Table 3. Chemical composition of cement). Tables should be referenced in the text. Figures (comprising all drawings, graphs drafts, photographs) should be also placed in the text with proper captions with consecutive figure numbers below each figure (e.g. Fig. 3. Microstructure of cement paste). Figures should be at least 300 dpi resolution.
- Simple mathematical formulas can be placed in the text verses or, if the formulas are long, in separate verses. The authors should remember to differentiate the letter O from zero 0 and the letter l from 1.
- Links to footnotes should be numbered with Arabic numerals, respectively, above a given word and footnotes are to be at the page bottom.
- All pages should be numbered, at the bottom center, with Arabic numerals.
- Links to the list of references should be numbered with Arabic numerals, written in the verse, and put in round brackets.
- The list of references should give, in the order of quoting, the initials and surnames of authors without their professional titles and the accepted abbreviation of the periodical name, volume, number of the pages (first-last) of the paper and, in the brackets, the year of publication. The books should contain the names of authors, title, editor, place, and year of publication (without brackets). The conference materials should have the author’s name, paper’s title, volume and page, name and place of the conference, year, editor, and year of publication (without brackets). Unpublished works should not be cited. Example:
- F. Faleschini, C. Jiménez, M. Barra, D. Aponte, E. Vázquez, C. Pellegrino, Rheology of fresh concretes with recycled aggregates. Constr. Build. Mater. 73, 407-16 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2014.09.068
- H.F.W. Taylor, Cement Chemistry, 2nd ed., Thomas Telford, 1997.
- The paper should contain a short abstract. The abstract should present the paper in a concise form with its most important results, especially those placed in the conclusions.
- At the beginning of the paper, on its left top, the authors should give their titles, names, surnames and the name and address of their institution.
- The authors are obliged to check thoroughly their papers before submission.
- The authors of the paper printed in Cement Wapno Beton are given a free copy of the issue in which their paper was published.
- The Editorial Office reserves the right to introduce necessary changes and shortenings as well as supplements and stylistic corrections into the paper.